Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gate Drill Video



This is the greatest putting drill I have ever seen.  The first time I saw it was in 2000 during the 100th U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.  I was helping search for golf carts on Saturday night.  During those events the cart fleet is handed out to rules officials, volunteers etc.  We had to return them to the barn to ensure they were charged.

For 2-3 hours we would run back and forth to the cart barn.  On the putting green was the leader of the tournament, Tiger Woods.  He had a 12 shot lead.  He did this drill for at least 3 hours that I saw.  Now, if you or I had a 12 shot lead at the U.S. Open on Saturday night (if we were ever that good) I am sure we would be having dinner, watching a movie or at least relaxing.

Not Tiger!  The next day all he did was extend his lead to an eventual 15 shot victory in the greatest individual accomplisment in Major Tournament history.

If you have any questions on this or any other topic please do not hesitate to email me at: john.grothe@gmail.com
Your friend in golf.
John Grothe, PGA

No comments:

Post a Comment